Re: Brace, bracket pretty format needed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98993] Re: [mg98518] Brace, bracket pretty format needed
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:44:49 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sorry for the late reply.

   Daniel's colored matching brackets code was what I originally thought of, but there is a possibly quicker way to check for matching brackets, which I use quite often: Put your cursor in the midst of a nasty bit of code, and press (at least on linux) the combination of Ctrl-Shift-B one or more times. The highlight should expand to successively more general levels of the expressions -- this is often useful to me to see where a function argument ends, and so forth.

       Best wishes,
                      C.O.

--
Curtis Osterhoudt