Re: Remote Kernel Connection Error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98980] Re: Remote Kernel Connection Error
  • From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

    with the information you provide it is hard to diagose anything.

(1) Does the kernel process start on the remote machine?
     You see this using "top" or the like...
     Does it die immediately?

(2) If not, did you use the correct ip adresses, passwords, accounts.
     Are ssh connections allowed on the remote machine.

(3) If yes, what is the exact command used to start the connection.
     Seen in the remote kernel configuration menu.

In any case, I know that a configuration like you envisage, does work
here.

Michael