Re: How to select several cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99193] Re: How to select several cells
  • From: Pillsy <pillsbury at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 28, 4:45 am, Yuri Kandrashkin <spinalge... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish to select several cells which have separate locations in the
> Notebook by Kernel or FrontEnd functions.
> One solution is tagging them by common tag and applying NotebookFind.
> But this solution seems to be inefficient. Are there other ways?

Are your concerns with efficiency because it's slow to tag all those
cells by hand, or that you think that NotebookFind[] takes to long to
find them?

If it's the latter, you've got quite a few other options, also based
on NotebookFind[], which can search based on contents or style as
well. I've found it useful to come up special styles when I want to do
this sort of thing, so that the cells stand out visually as well. You
can also use NotebookGet[] to get the Notebook[] object itself, and
use the standard Matheamtica tools for searching and pattern-matching to find
the cells you're looking for.

If you want more specific advice, you'll probably need to explain what
these cells are and why you need to find them in more detail.

Cheers,
Pillsy