Re: How to select several cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99179] Re: How to select several cells
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:36:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 28, 2:45 am, Yuri Kandrashkin <spinalge... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to select several cells which have separate locations in the
> Notebook by Kernel or FrontEnd functions.
> One solution is tagging them by common tag and applying NotebookFind.
> But this solution seems to be inefficient. Are there other ways?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Yuri Kandrashkin, PhD

What is the objective of having them all selected? Are these cells
spread all over the notebook or some contiguous block of cells
somewhere in the notebook? If they are contiguous and depending on
what the objective is, perhaps cell groups would be of help. Groups
are new as of version 6 I think. You can collapse an entire "Cell
Group" of cells into only cell by double-clicking only that cell (all
others in the Group become hidden), and then double-clicking the outer
cell bracket all become visible again.

I wonder if Wolfram extended this idea of "Cell Groups" so that cells
need not be contiguous, that this would be a lot more useful?

-Bob