Strong memory consumption by List-plotting functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102279] Strong memory consumption by List-plotting functions
  • From: markus <markusg.phys at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi again,

it seems that functions like ListVectorPlot3D, ListContourPlot3D, and
similar ones, have a kind of memory leakage: each time one of these
functions is executed, the memory usage increases (as indicated by the
SystemMonitor). That is, after calling these functions, say 20 times,
with some larger dataset, all my RAM is used up and I have to restart
Mathematica. Using constructs like
g = ListVectorPlot[...]
Clear[g]
also don't help.

My system: Linux openSuse 10.3, Mathematica 7.01

is anybody else experiencing these problems?
-Markus