Package won't load after v.7 upgrade

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102281] Package won't load after v.7 upgrade
  • From: Porscha Louise McRobbie <pmcrobbi at umich.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:26:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

A few days ago I was able to successfully load and use my own AddOn
package using v.6 with Mac OSX.  My package is called "integExp.m",
and I placed it in a folder I created called "Quantum", located at:

/Applications/Mathematica.app/AddOns/ExtraPackages/Quantum

To load the package, I used

Needs["Quantum`integExp`"]

It loaded and ran fine. However, I upgraded to v.7 yesterday, and now
using Needs doesn't work, and I get the following nocont and notfound
errors:

Needs["Quantum`integExp`"]
Needs::nocont: Context Quantum`integExp` was not created when Needs
was evaluated.

?integExp
Information::notfound: Symbol integExp not found.

Did something change in v.7 regarding where to place AddOn packages?
I've searched previous group posts and the Documentation center with
no success.

Thanks is advance,
Porscha