Highlighting data sections with a different background colour

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102404] Highlighting data sections with a different background colour
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 04:37:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All:

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on
how to shade the background of certain regions on a plot. More
specifically, I am interested in using DateListPlot and FinancialData
to produce a similar economic chart as "Chart 2" found here:

http://www.economicsnapshots.com/archives/2006/snap20060705.htm

I've thought of using both "Filling" and/or "BackGround" but frankly
have gotten nowhere. Any hints on how to approach this?

Cheers,

t.