Re: Question concerning Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102531] Re: Question concerning Manipulate
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 04:36:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Larry:

This seems like a question of Context[]. By this I mean if you think
of a Module[] as having its own "scope" (similar to Context[]) then it
is certainly possible to set a variable in the Global` context from
inside a Module[] (I have done this). So it should be possible to set
variable in Global` context from inside the "evaluated expression"
invoked from a Manipulate[].

I have not done this yet, but I think it should work.

HTH.

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory