Eventhandler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102433] Eventhandler
  • From: Vincent <sheeplane at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 06:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

I am working on a small interface, where I want an event to trigger on
mouseup, which would normaly be possible using EventHandler
[...,"MouseUp":->....]
However, this only triggers on the enclosed content if the user also
clicked down in this area (And also, it triggers nomatter where the
mouse is when the button is lifted). What I want is for the event to
trigger on mouseup inside the area, nomatter where the mouse was
clicked down.

Is it possible to make such an event?

I can think of a really messy way of doing it by having alot of
invisible buttons with autoactions, to keep track of where the mouse
is when the button is lifted, but this seems like a hack to attchieve
functionality I would assume is pressent in the eventhandler.