Re: Export tiff problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102431] Re: [mg102394] Export tiff problems
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 06:05:22 -0400 (EDT)

Possible hint - I also have problems with Export. In many cases,
an ImageResolution setting other than screen (i.e., 72) causes the
problem. Better is to use ImageSize, making it very big on your screen but
often coming out ok in Export.  FullGraphics can be helpful, too.

Example:

Export["name.tif", FullGraphics@yourgraphic, ImageSize -> 15*72]

Finally, when all else fails, export as PDF, then open in photoshop to do
rasterizing, and then save as TIFF from photoshop.

I'd put most of above in the category of "Mathematica bugs", but perhaps
an expert will explain why "Mathematica is in fact operating as designed"
for all of these apparent problems with Rasterize[] and Export[] on
graphics.