TeamDrive and Mathematica Stylesheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102741] TeamDrive and Mathematica Stylesheets
  • From: Nils Blum-Oeste <Nils.Blum-Oeste at geo.uni-goettingen.de>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 01:44:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I use TeamDrive (http://www.teamdrive.net) to synchronize my documents
on two computers. This includes Mathematica files. I did not encounter
any problems with "normal" notebooks so far but stylesheets do not work:
I created a stylesheet with Mathematica (7.0.1) and saved it in my
TeamDrive folder. Afterwards I created a symbolic link (Linux on both
machines) in $UserBaseDir/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Stylesheets to the
TeamDrive folder. This works perfectly as long as I am working with this
single machine.

The stylesheet is synchronized with my other PC via TeamDrive. On this
second machine I also created a symbolic link and afterwards the
stylesheet occured in the Format menu.

When I select this stylesheet on the second machine I get a Mathematica
error: "The file you are opening appears to have been edited outside of
Mathematica.[...]"
Also the notebook style does not change. It stays default style.

I also tried this with the machines vice versa with the same result: The
stylesheet only works on the machine on which it has been created.

Are there any ideas for a workaround or how to solve this?
Also I would like to know if it is possible to create a valid stylesheet
from the corrupted ones. I can open them as ascii/text files in
Mathematica but nothing changes when I save them again.

Thanks in advance

Nils Blum-Oeste