Mathematica 7 benchmarks on Suse 11

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96078] Mathematica 7 benchmarks on Suse 11
  • From: guerom00 <guerom00 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 05:20:56 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I'm running Mathematica 7 on a Suse 11.1 machine (an Intel Core i7).
Unfortunately, the benchmarking tool does not work... The evaluation
starts and stops immediately with a beep.
A "What the beep ?" tells me "The kernel Local has quit (exited)
during the course of an evaluation". Nothing in the Messages window...

Thanks in advance.