Re: Palettes stay behind other open windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96127] Re: Palettes stay behind other open windows
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:11:16 -0500 (EST)

Is this a Palette that you have created yourself or is it one of the
standard palettes that are shipped with Mathematica?

Also, what version of Mathematica re your using.

Palettes by default should float in front of all other windows (but I
do not have a Linux installation to check that thay are behaving
properly there).

If the palette's NotebookObject is called nb then executing

SetOptions[nb,WindowFloating -> True]

should cause that window to float....

But let me know some more details of your setup and what you are
trying to do and I will see if I can offer any other more customized
suggestions.

Best,
David