Licenses for Sharing Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96829] Licenses for Sharing Notebooks
  • From: vpmtllc at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:50:50 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering what kind of licenses are commonly used to distribute
and share Mathematica notebooks, such as tutorials and interactive
lecture notes, without completely setting them into public domain.
>From what I can tell, standard OSS licenses such as GPL with their
focus on compiled binaries do not really seem to be appropriate. Maybe
the different variations of Creative Commons Licenses [http://
creativecommons.org/license/] are a better fit? Could people in this
group share if and why they selected a specific license in a similar
siutation?

Thanks,
Hans-Martin