Re: Graphics export for high quality documents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96940] Re: Graphics export for high quality documents
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:17:13 -0500 (EST)

In article <go63vk$q4t$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the past, I have been using exports to EPS with an embedded preview
> so that you have something to look at in Word.

Just to reminisce about an old, old glitch relating to exported graphics
and embedded previews that I vaguely remember encountering in one of the
earliest releases of Mathematica.

If I'm recalling it correctly, you could write a graphic, including a
preview, from Mathematica to a file.  Then you could write a new,
changed or updated graphic to the same file name -- and the old embedded
preview was left unchanged.  You could end up with an graphic file in
which the graphic itself and the preview were totally different.

But this was a long time ago . .  .