Re: Map and functional constructs to replace iterative statements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96941] Re: Map and functional constructs to replace iterative statements
  • From: Andreas <aagas at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:17:24 -0500 (EST)

Many many thx for a host of interesting solutions and approaches to the problem.  The feedback on my question has really helped me think about ways to use Mathematica in a more and more elegant way.  I can now rewrite tons of code and have better, clearer, and much faster solutions.

For the question I originally posed, I've settled on a combination of the offered solutions:

timeSeries = {100., 102., 103., 104., 105.};

100 Differences[timeSeries]/Most[timeSeries]

Simple,clear, and works like a charm.

Mathematica and what one can do with it continues to surprise me.  Again, many thanks to all.

P.S. I'm sure to have more questions (lots more questions)for the forum, stay tuned.