Re: passing initial point to LinearProgramming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95327] Re: passing initial point to LinearProgramming
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:13:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi Slava,

LinearProgramming is a minimization problem, Therefore, a numerical

minimum finder like e.g. FindMinimum that takes a starting point could

be used.

However, as these functions are for more general problems than linear

ones, it is not clear if the calculation time is reduced. You would have

to try this out.

hope this helps, Daniel