Re: webMathematica - comments, opinions, user group (?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95375] Re: webMathematica - comments, opinions, user group (?)
  • From: twj at wolfram.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 05:27:26 -0500 (EST)

Scott

We have been working on an update for webMathematica,  one
that uses a higher version of Mathematica and also that has
a significant number of new features.

It has been in a stable and nearly ready state for some
time. Unfortunately, it was pushed back by the release of
Mathematica 7. The release of the base Mathematica always
has to take priority. Now that Mathematica 7 is released,
we hope to move forward with webMathematica.

In the interim there is a beta version of the update that is
available and you could sign up to try this.  We would also
like to hear about what you have done with your existing
webMathematica.

We certainly do consider webMathematica to be an important
and relevant way to deliver Mathematica, and fully intend
to support and to develop it.

Tom Wickham-Jones
Wolfram Research