Re: Bug Report: Excessively thin Thin?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101335] Re: Bug Report: Excessively thin Thin?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:37:16 -0400 (EDT)

In article <h2cphs$a6t$1 at smc.vnet.net>, ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can you post a specific example of a Graphics expression which
> produces no visible line on your computer?  The example you mention
> from the Thin documentation page (Graphics[{Thin, Line[{{0, 0}, {2,
> 1}}]}]) appears correctly for me in 7.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.7.

Just typed in

Graphics[{
  Line[{{0, 0.5}, {1, 0.5}}],
  Thin, Line[{{0, 0}, {1, 1}}],
  Thick, Line[{{1, 1}, {0, 0}}]}]

executed it,  no visible Thin line.

Selected and Saved output cell as PDF, opened with Illustrator, Selected
All in Illustrator -- no Thin line there (even invisible or transparent
objects appear when you Select All in Illustrator).

Opened Help for Thin.  First Example in the Help document, as opened,
shows no Thin line, but does show Thick line.  Inserted "Red," directive
in both parts of this Example, re-executed it.  Thick line turned red,
still no Thin line.  Thin line does show in following Example, which
uses Graphics3D.  (Note:  Already did and reported this same observation
in original post.)

Basically vanilla MacBook with Apple Cinema external display, OS
10.4.11, Mathematica 7.0.1.0, no other current glitches with Mathematica
or anything else I've been running on this machine.