Re: Manipulate without plus symbol

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101314] Re: Manipulate without plus symbol
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 30, 4:34 am, axel <axel.kil... at hs-merseburg.de> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get rid of the "plus" symbol in the top right
> corner of Manipulate? I am writing a Demonstration which will run on a
> public touchscreen terminal. Users should not be able to perform
> "Paste Bookmarks", because that would mess up the demonstration.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

Correction: You need to put the option in quotes, like
"HideControlsButton" not HideControlsButton -- am guessing that
invalid options default to "None" (which also works without quotes so
why doesn't HideControlsButton (ie Mathemaitica leaves in blue for
unknown). But come to think of it you get slightly different results
with the None option vs the "HideControlsButton" option - both of
which might e what Axel was looking for.

-Bob