Re: Pattern matching / subsequence matching, question on example in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101485] Re: Pattern matching / subsequence matching, question on example in
  • From: heycarnut <heycarnut at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 07:12:54 -0400 (EDT)

*Question Resolved*

Thanks to all those who replied (directly) with some interesting
alternate ways of doing this - not what I was specifically
looking for, but *most* educational!

I got a direct, and most rapid, response from one of the authors,
confirming that the idiom used was not needed and was
from old code.

Thanks again, and BTW, if you've not read the book ("An Introduction
to Programming with Mathematica", Wellin, Gaylord, Kamin),
 I highly recommend it! I've learned a few new tricks already.

Rob