Re: Fast calculation of pair correlation function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101516] Re: Fast calculation of pair correlation function
  • From: markus <markusg.phys at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 01:55:58 -0400 (EDT)

Very interesting, I didn't know the HierarchicalClustering package
until now. The DistanceMatrix function does exactly what I wanted to do.
But, unfortunately, a list of 10^4 elements seems to be the maximum
that this function can handle before the Kernel shuts down, telling me
"No more memory available".
I think it would be good to have the DistanceMatrix function in the
Mathematica kernel, because it's a very time and memory consuming
calculation.