Re: Polynomial rewriting question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101525] Re: Polynomial rewriting question
  • From: AndrewTamra <AndrewTamra at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 01:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Daniel. You mentioned FullSimplify will SOMETIMES recognize the factorization. Could you think of any other deterministic method/algorithm I can implement in Mathematica for getting the simplification I am looking for?

Even a probablistic numeric algorithm is OK as well, where I can test within a reasonable probability, that there exists the factorization I am looking for; similar to the fast probablistic algorithms for Ideal membership problem. That way, first I can quickly determine the existence of such a simplification; then employ a slower (may be inefficient) algorithm to find the simplification (t=x-y in the example)

Thanks