Jens

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101584] Jens
  • From: Dr Reinhard Simonovits <Reinhard.Simonovits at uni-graz.at>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:49:04 -0400 (EDT)

Obviously all comments on the death of Jens-Peer indicate his helping hands.

I can affirm this also. When the learning software M@th Desktop was
in its beta stadium Jens offered his advice to improve the software.

I met him personally on the IMS 08 in Maastricht. He was a very
friendly and talkative person.
When we went by bus to the dinner for the celebration of the 20th
birthday of Mathematica,
he gave me hints how to convert help browser files to the new paclet structure.

Jens told nice stories about his family especially his son. He liked
him so miuch.

I would like to express my sincere condolences for his family.

Personally I will pray for him and offer a holy mass, simply to say
thank you for the services he offered to us.

-Reinhard

              Dr. Reinhard Simonovits
Handelsakademie  |  Karl Franzens University
Math Department  |  Inst. for Mathematics
Grazbachgasse 71 |  Heinrichstrasse 36
               A-8010 Graz, Austria

Email: Reinhard.Simonovits at uni-graz.at