Derivative of a sum.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101615] Derivative of a sum.
  • From: "Muntoni Giampaolo" <muntoni.giampa at alice.it>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:25:59 -0400 (EDT)

In order to resolve a problem I have found the question of derivating  the
expression e^(-x)*Sum(in i)(x^n/n!, (i,0,n));the solution is easy and is
But using language of Mathematica I have obteined a different result with a
ricorse of Gamma function...also recurring to the option of manipulate,
changing the value of  integer n.
I would want to obtain the exact result with language of Mathematica and
Manipulate respect to n and also plotting the original function and its
derivative.(with manipulate)
Thanks for aids
Giampaolo