Spell Check on a Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101654] Spell Check on a Mac
  • From: Thomas Dowling <thomasgdowling at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 06:57:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am running Mathematica v 7.0.0 on a Mac G4 (non-intel, OSX v 10.5.7), and
my problem is that I cannot get Spell Check to work.

Specifically, from the SpellChecker dialog box, I get the message

'Reason for stopping:  The spelling Dictionaries for %S could not be'

I have checked that the relevant file it there (I am presuming this is
MathematicaWords.clm)

(/Users/powerbook/Library/Mathematica/SystemFiles
/SpellingDictionaries/English/MathematicaWords.clm)

and, using OptionsInspector, that the SpellingDictionaryPath is apparently
OK.

Although it is probably not relevant, the DictionaryLookup command works
perfectly.

Finally, I have now installed Mathematica 7.0.0 on two Macs: the above G4
and a G5, and
SpellCheck works on neither (exactly the same problem on both machines).

(I can, however, SpellCheck with Publicon, and there was no problems with
Mathematica 5.2. I
am not sure about v 6.0, but I don't rememeber any problem).

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if others have
succeeded in using SpelllCheck on
a Mac with version 7.0.0 or 7.0.1?

If anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong, or what the problem is, I
would appreciate the advice.

Thanks for you help,

Thomas Dowling