How to make variables local to a particular notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101784] How to make variables local to a particular notebook?
  • From: dnquark <dnquark at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 05:02:24 -0400 (EDT)

In the Evaluation menu I see the "Notebook's Kernel" and "Notebook's
default context" items.  So I am wondering what is the preferred
method for making sure variables in a particular notebook stay private
to that notebook -- to assign the notebook to a different kernel or to
give it a different context?..

Also, whatever method I choose -- what command could I evaluate at the
first cell in the notebook to make sure that the context or the kernel
is changed before the rest of the notebook gets evaluated?..

Thanks!