Re: how to use vb.net/netlink to export a dxf file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101808] Re: how to use vb.net/netlink to export a dxf file
  • From: jonk <jkontuly at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 17, 5:05 am, Bill <WDWNORW... at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm not familiar with VB code, but the following may be of furthur interest to you...
>
> http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Conferences/5812/
>
> You can do more than just draw pretty pictures with this, it'll output parametric sets of equations that you can use to calculate intersections, tangents and the like. It's written in Mathematica 5.2 code, but shouldn't be too difficult to translate to a latter version, if desired.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill

Bill,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It does indeed look very
interesting.

If anyone does know VB. I would still love to hear why this does work.
In general I am trying to call Mathematica from a vb program,evaluate
something that produces a plot and then export that plot as a dxf to
my desktop. Sounds easy and I know you can do it if you are working in
Mathematica but for some reason I can not get it to work. And again
thanks Bill for the response.

' This launches the Mathematica kernel:
 Dim ml As IKernelLink = MathLinkFactory.CreateKernelLink()

 ml.Evaluate("SetDirectory[\""C:/Documents And Settings/User/Desktop/
\""]")
 ml.WaitForAnswer()

ml.Evaluate("gr = Plot[ Sin[x], {x, 0, 2*Pi}]")
ml.Evaluate("Export[\""testMATH.dxf\"",gr, \""DXF\""]")
ml.Close()