mimic InterpolatingFunction et. al. formatting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102052] mimic InterpolatingFunction et. al. formatting
  • From: Josh Bukart <burkart at berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:03:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

When one uses Interpolation[], one gets in return an InterpolatingFunction object which typically formats in the front end as something like

InterpolatingFunction[{{0.,1.}},<>]

How does it achieve the "<>" standing for all the massive amounts of internal data? I'd like to do something similar for a data structure type thing I'm coding, and would like it to display automatically as EigenfunctionData[whatever i want regardless of what's actually inside].

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh Burkart