Re: treatment on C[i]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100321] Re: treatment on C[i]
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:06:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

it is a question of mathematics, how many free constants
you have.
For example:
DSolve[x''[t] + x[t] == 0, x[t], t]
has two free constants, because it is a
differential equation of second order and no initial
conditions are given. So, look onto your problem
and you will know how many free constants you have.

And

sol = DSolve[x''[t] + x[t] == 0, x[t], t];
Cases[sol, C[_], Infinity] // Union

work fine to extract the parameters

Regards
   Jens