Re: Learning Trace more....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100544] Re: Learning Trace more....
  • From: lshifr at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 05:03:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

If you have an access to David Wagner's book, he has some nice discussion
on Trace.  The package by David Bailey sounds like a good next step -
I did not use it yet but it is also on my wish list. Generally, it is
good to understand that Trace just gives you the full access to the
complete evaluation history, and then you may construct your own tools
to process it depending on your specific needs, since the output is a
normal Mathematica expression and you have a full power of Mathematica
language available to further process it.

Regards,
Leonid