Re: AnimationDirection when Exporting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100685] Re: [mg100639] AnimationDirection when Exporting
  • From: Louis Talman <talmanl at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:07:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:32 AM, Helen Read wrote:

> Suppose I want to export an animation (using Animate or Manipulate) so
> that the exported animation runs once in the forward direction and
> stops.

You can gain more control of animations by exporting individual frames
as .gif or .png files with serial file names. Then use Thorsten
Lemke's Macintosh app Graphic Converter [or QuickTime Pro (a $35
upgrade to the free QuickTime) if you're stuck in the Windoze
environment] to paste them together into a .mov file.  The drawback,
if it is one, is that you get QuickTime animations instead of .avi ones.

See <http://clem.mscd.edu/~talmanl/MathAnim.html> for a few dozen
animations constructed in this way.

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver