Re: AnimationDirection when Exporting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100704] Re: AnimationDirection when Exporting
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

Louis Talman wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:32 AM, Helen Read wrote:
>
>> Suppose I want to export an animation (using Animate or Manipulate) so
>> that the exported animation runs once in the forward direction and
>> stops.
>
> You can gain more control of animations by exporting individual frames
> as .gif or .png files with serial file names.

Yes, I know that. That's the way one used to do animations, back in the
olden days. My point is that I want to use Animate or Manipulate, and
export an animation that runs once in the forward direction only, not
forward then backward. Is there no way to do it?

I'll be teaching a group of (extremely) bright high school students to
make animations in Mathematica at the (Vermont) Governor's Institute in
Mathematical Sciences in a few weeks. The kids have never seen
Mathematica before, and I'll only have them for a single session of an
hour or so.  We will use Animate to make animations, and use the
Classroom Assistant or Basic Math Input palette to help with input, so
that I won't have to spend a lot of time teaching them Mathematica
syntax. There won't be time to mess around with making tables of
individual frames; I need the simplest, quickest way for them to make an
animation, which is Animate.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont