Calculation of the surface after intersection of two spheres

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100863] Calculation of the surface after intersection of two spheres
  • From: Horacius ReX <horacius.rex at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:53:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have two spheres of radius 0.6 whose origins are separated a
distance of 1. So the spheres overlap and I want to calculate the
total surface now.

For that purpose I started to calculate the surface of the separated
spheres, which is trivial and I can do by hand, but after they
intersect or overlap, how can I tell the program to calculate the
surface ?

Thanks in advance