Re: How to downsample a image matrix using left and right downsampling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100924] Re: How to downsample a image matrix using left and right downsampling
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:54:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

what do you exactly mean by down sampling?

I assume that you want to take the mean of 4 times 4 blocks.

I first give a simpler example where we avarage 2 by 2 blocks:

a = Array[A, {4, 4}];

left = {{1, 1, 0, 0}, {0, 0, 1, 1}};

right = Transpose[left];

left.a.right/4

in your case left will be:

Table[If[0 < j - 4 (i - 1) < 5, 1, 0], {i, 25}, {j, 100}]

Daniel