Re: opening notebooks in mathematica player instead of mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97440] Re: opening notebooks in mathematica player instead of mathematica
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:50:56 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 12, 2:21 am, Steven Matthew Anderson <AdAstr... at mac.com> wrote:
> When I double click on a notebook I want just want to view it.  Is ther=
e a way to default the assigned application to open the mathematica noteboo=
ks with the mathematica viewer instead of having mathematica boot up?  If=
 I want mathematica to boot up I'll click on the icon.  That's on my doc.

> I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55) on a PowerBook G4 if that helps any.

I'd be very surprised if Mathematica Player starts up faster than
Mathematica.  That aside, it should be possible to change the default
application to open notebook files using the Finder's Get Info
window.  Additionally, Mathematica 7 includes a QuickLook plugin for
Mac OS X 10.5.  So you can select the file in the Finder and press the
QuickLook button (or the space bar) to get an idea what's in the file.

-Rob