Re: opening notebooks in mathematica player instead of

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97485] Re: opening notebooks in mathematica player instead of
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 05:37:39 -0500 (EST)

And George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com> replied:

> In OS X, you can select a notebook and "get Info..." from the Finder (cmd-I).
>
> You can then select which app opens the notebook. You can select
> Player. There is an option to change all files of the same type (.nb
> files) to show the same behaviour.
>
> This should work most of the time.

I believe more or less exactly the same inherent and fundamental dilemma
arises with respect to whether PDF files open in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe
Reader when clicked (if you have both apps on your system), and the same
workaround for Macs can be invoked here also.