Re: Help plotting P(x,y,z) = Aexp[r^2]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97842] Re: Help plotting P(x,y,z) = Aexp[r^2]
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 04:04:54 -0500 (EST)

Well, since a function of one variable is a curve in 2D and a function
of two variables is a surface in 3D, how would you like this function
be visualized? It's 4D! So either you should generate a movie or try
to plot the surface for which the function is a certain constant, i.e.
P(x,y,z) = C. ContourPlot3D can do that for you.

Cheers -- Sjoerd