Re: Cycling through windows with a keyboard shortcut

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98032] Re: Cycling through windows with a keyboard shortcut
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:44:02 -0500 (EST)

Szabolcs wrote:

> CTRL+F6 can be used to cycle through notebook windows (at least on
> Windows), but it is not a very convenient keyboard shortcut.  To use
> it, one either has to use both hands, or move one hand from the normal
> position.
>
> I'd like to associate a more accessible keyboard shortcut with this
> function.  Is there a front end token for cycling through windows?  If
> no, is there any other way one can implement cycling through windows
> (both notebooks and documentation) without using the kernel?

I'm not on Windows. On my Mac cycling is done with "cmd-<". This is not
done by Mathematica but the System. Does Ctrl-F6 work for you in other
applications too? Then I think you should try to alter this
key-combination in Windows (if it's possible there)

Peter
Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de