Re: How do I hide all input in a Mathematica notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98025] Re: How do I hide all input in a Mathematica notebook?
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:42:43 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 26, 4:20 am, "michael.p.crouc... at googlemail.com"
<michael.p.crouc... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Mathematica to prepare a report for my boss.  It has lots
> of tables and pie charts - the sort of things bosses love.  It also
> has a lot of Mathematica commands which scares the wossname out of
> him.
>
> At the moment I am hiding the input cell by cell but this is a pain.
> Is there a one click/one command solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> www.walkingrandomly.com

One thing you might want to look at is using Cell Grouping to group
all of the things you want to hide in one such group and then hide/
show only that group depending on who you want to look at it. The
difficulty lies in structuring the notebook so that is easy to do.
Once cells are in a Group, you can double-click on any cell bracket in
that Group at multiple levels and the other cells in the Group will be
hidden or unhidden. I don't think it matters if a cell is an Input
cell or a Text cell or any other type, so you can mix/match cell types
in any group, and they do not have to be contiguous either, but if
they aren't then some of the intervening cells not in the group will
also be hidden. Play around with this Grouping (I think this is new as
of version 6 so keep that in mind) and see if that helps.

HTH...

-Bob