Re: pdf export problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98064] Re: pdf export problem
  • From: David Elbert <elbert at jhu.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 02:45:23 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to the several users who replied off-group.  I now have an effective work around.  Since I am working on a Mac I can use the print command to then save as a .pdf file.  I had initially missed this option because that route usually provides a standard save-as dialog that includes the .pdf extension.  In Mathematica 7.0.0 the dialog defaults to using .nb as the extension... so I thought it simply didn't work.  It does work.  It just doesn't use the proper extension.

I continue to have the problem using the direct Save As dialog to export to .pdf so perhaps there is some bug there, but at least I can avoid it.  Interestingly, the problem is there for cells with "text" style, but the same cells changed to "input" or "equation" produce fine pdf.

So... problem not completely solved, but sidestepped.

-David