Re: pdf export problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98056] Re: pdf export problem
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 02:43:55 -0500 (EST)

In article <gqkusk$48q$1 at smc.vnet.net>, hayes.tyler at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi David:
>
> Not much in the way of help here, but moral support. I, too, have had
> problems exporting notebooks to PDFs with Mathematica (both 6 and 7).

Used to be a gotcha in exporting graphics with added Labels to PDF.  The
labels created by the Label command showed up fine in the notebook
output cell viewed on screen, but appeared in the exported PDF file
enclosed in unwanted double quotes ("My Label").

There was some arcane option you had to set to present this; don't know
what the present situation may be.

Also, in certain graphics plots exported as PDFs and then opened with
some (but not all) Adobe apps, certain lines would appear enormously
thickened.  Selecting the lines in Illustrator and resetting their
thickness would cure the situation.

Never resolved, at least so far as I know, whether this was a Wolfram or
Adobe problem.