Re: Mathematica crashed -- where did my notebook go?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99256] Re: Mathematica crashed -- where did my notebook go?
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:21:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 29, 4:42 am, sean_inc... at yahoo.com wrote:

> Another question about autosaving.
>
> After I set the autosave "true"  I noticed that Mathematica keep
> making defualt sound everytime an expression is evaluated.
>
> It starting to get quite annoying, so.. Is there a way to turn that
> sound off but keep the autosave feature?

If you click on the "Why the beep" in the "Help" menu, it tells you
that the notebook you are working on that has the "AutoSave" set to
true has not been named, so it can't be saved. Give it a name and the
beeping will stop.

If Mathematica beeps, you probably don't want to ignore it -- find out
why and see if it is important. I think it will be something that you
want to address before going on.

-Bob