Re: How do I send the palette behind other windows?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99255] Re: How do I send the palette behind other windows?
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:21:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 30, 4:18 am, sean_inc... at yahoo.com wrote:
> I was trying to do some typesetting and needed the palettes, and to my
> surprise, they changed the precedence of the palettes such that it
> stays on top of all other windows.
>
> How do I fix this so that it will get behind the window when I click
> other windows to activate them?
>
> Thanks for any insights.
>
> Sean

I thought the WindowFloating attribute is supposed to control this
(set to True it's always on top, set to False it's on top if you click
on it, or underneath others if you click on some other window or
palette), but I tried setting one of my Palettes to WindowFloating-
>False and it still has this "always on top" behavior, so not sure why
this happens, but I wonder if this is platform or version specific. I
tried this on a Mac with version 7.0.1 -- what version/platform does
Sean have?

-Bob