DynamicModule Wormholes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99371] DynamicModule Wormholes
  • From: Michael <michael2718 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 05:59:56 -0400 (EDT)

Can anybody give me some hints on how to create a DynamicModule wormhole?

The documentation gets me interested, then ends by saying:
"By using DynamicModuleParent explicitly, it is possible to link up
arbitrary existing DynamicModules, but doing so is tricky, and beyond
the scope of this document."

Apparently it is beyond the scope of actually doing at all, because I
haven't been able to find anything else about it anywhere!  I would
think even if it was tricky, the trickiness could be encapsulated
somehow?

I did a bit of experimenting (basically by opening the palette example
and examining the notebook) and found that DynamicModuleParent[]
appears to expect an integer argument, perhaps a handle of some kind?
However when I tried to replicate the wormhole using the same value
for the working wormhole I did not have success.

--Michael