Making a user interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99391] Making a user interface
  • From: Jason <jbiggs2 at uoregon.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 05:37:46 -0400 (EDT)

I have written a program in mathematica that will do a set of calculations based on a set of parameters provided, and I'd like to make it as easy as possible for others to use it.

What I'd like ideally is for there to be a set of input fields, little white boxes on a colored background for example, for the user to put the values of the parameters. Then they press a button and the calculations proceed, at the end of which graphs pop up and data files are exported.

I have used Manipulate, but in this case the calculations are intensive and take many hours, so I don't want it to try and dynamically update the results when new fields are entered - only when the button is pressed.

Thanks