Re: atoi equivalents?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99432] Re: atoi equivalents?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 06:02:36 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi, you may e.g. try: ImportString["1213", "List"] Daniel Michael wrote: > What is the most efficient or recommended way to parse numbers in Mathematica? > > I can use ToExpression["1234"] and it will return the number. > But this won't do, because I could be scraping un-trusted data and the > above could lead to an injection of code. > I could also use something like this: ToExpression[StringCases["1234", > x1 : NumberString ~~ ___ -> x1]] > but then I have to add error checking and whatnot. > I suppose I could write a simple MathLink program which implement > atoi, atol, etc. > > All of these solutions seems like a lot of overhead. Anybody have a > better idea? > > Thanks, > > Michael >