Re: Re: Introducing the Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99718] Re: [mg99706] Re: Introducing the Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 03:08:28 -0400 (EDT)

In addition, the Mac OS/X Spotlight will search _all_ text PDFs on the
disk for a word or phrase, almost instantly. Every PDF that includes the
word BinCounts, say, appears at once. Each promising document has to be
opened separately for a local search, but it's not hard to ignore your own
notebooks if you want to, or FOCUS on your own code examples, if you
prefer.

This would also work for Doc center notebooks if they were (a) on the disk
and (b) NOT in system directories ignored by Spotlight. (So it DOESN'T
work for Doc center notebooks.)

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com