unrecognized USB devices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99807] unrecognized USB devices
  • From: Adam Simpson <simpsoa at email.uc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 04:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I have an OCZ NIA USB device that I would like to be able to read
from Mathematica 7. The device basically streams data in hex format
and I would like to do a FFT on the data as it streams in.
Unfortunately in OS X it doesn't show up when I run
ControllerInformation[] and in Windows with the driver installed it
shows up but doesn't show any available controls. What options do I
have to get the data into Mathematica if it won't automatically read
this device? I believe Java would be the easiest but I don't know of
any good USB API's for OSX, leaving me with C which seems to be a bit
more complicated to integrate with Mathematica. Any suggestions?