"SelectionData" and palettes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99882] "SelectionData" and palettes
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 02:31:32 -0400 (EDT)

With[ {p = ToExpression[CurrentValue[InputNotebook[],
"SelectionData"]]},
 PresentTmpls[p]

I found a similar code fragment on MathGroup. I wanted to use it in my
palette. However, once the palette is standalone it fails to work;
otherwise within a current session of a notebook it works fine. Is
there a more stable way to grab a text selection so it can be used for
further use in code? Thanks.

Andrew